Top > Outline
- ▶ Name of the Foundation: The Ichiro Kanehara Foundation
- ▶ Date of Establishment: December 2, 1986
- ▶ Governing Authority: Cabinet Office of the Government of Japan
- ▶ Address: 1-28-24 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku Tokyo, 113-0033 JAPAN
- ▶ Chairman of Board of Directors: Yoshiaki Nonomura, M.D.,Ph.D. (Emeritus Professor, The University of Tokyo)
- ▶ Executive Director: Yu Kanehara (Chairman, Igaku-Shoin Ltd.)
- ▶ Purpose and Activities: Please refer to the “Purpose of The Ichiro Kanehara Foundation” at the top of these English pages.
- ▶ Programs Supported by the Grant from The Ichiro Kanehara Foundation. Programs 1 through 6 are based on an application process, whereas programs 7 and 8 are based on recommendations and/or referrals. Detailed descriptions about programs 1 through 6 can be found on the pages ”Scholarship Programs and Application Guidelines”.
- 1. Scholarship Grant for Research in Basic Medical Sciences and Medical Care
- 2. Financial Support for Overseas Travel Expenses of Medical Scholars from Japan
- 3. Scholarship Grant for Living Expenses of Foreign Nationals in Japan
- 4. Scholarship Grant of “Seitai-no-Kagaku Award”
- 5. Financial Support for the Subsidized Publication
- 6. Chihiro and Kiyoko Yokochi Fund (Please refer to The Yokochi Fund)
- 7. Scholarship Grant Awarded to Outstanding Research Papers
- 8. Financial Support for the Hosting of Academic Conferences and Research Workshops
- ▶ Publication of Bi-monthly Journal “Seitai-no-Kagaku”
- The Members of Editorial Committee for "Seitai-no-Kagaku"
- Chairman : Yoshiaki Nonomura, M.D., Ph.D.
- Members :
- Hiroki Kurihara, M.D., Ph.D.
- Michiyuki Matsuda, M.D., Ph.D.
- Hitoshi Okamoto, M.D., Ph.D.
- ▶ The Members of Scholarship Committee for the above Programs No. 1 through No. 3 and No. 5.
- Chairman: Masafumi Shibuya, M.D., Ph.D.
- Satoshi Inoue, M.D.,Ph.D.
- Yuichi Ishikawa, M.D., Ph.D.
- Ryo Kominami, M.D., Ph.D.
- Yoshihisa Kurachi, M.D., Ph.D.
- Masao Mitsuyama, M.D., Ph.D.
- Masayuki Miyasaka, M.D., Ph.D.
- Yoshiaki Nonomura , M.D., Ph.D.
- Shigeo Ohno, Ph.D.
- Naoyuki Taniguchi, M.D., Ph.D.
- Masaya Tohyama, M.D., Ph.D.
- Shoji Tsuji, M.D., Ph.D.
- Kohei Shiota, M.D., Ph.D.
- Toshiyuki Yamada, M.D., Ph.D.
- Yasuhito Yuasa, M.D., Ph.D.
▶ The Members of Scholarship Committee for Program No.4: “Seitai-no-Kagaku Award”
- Yu Kanehara
- Hiroki Kurihara, M.D.,Ph.D.
- Michiyuki Matsuda, M.D.,Ph.D
- Yoshiaki Nonomura, M.D.,Ph.D.
- Hitoshi Okamoto, M.D.,Ph.D.
- ▶ Cumulative Statistics of Subsidy Programs (From March 1987 to March 2020)
|Type of Scholarship||
|Research in basic medical sciences
and medical care
|Travel expenses of Japanese
medical scholars abroad
Fund (from Germany)
(Subsidy ended January 2020)
|(2)Journals(Subsidy ended March 2015)||21||21||120,800|
|Awards for outstanding research
papers (Sogo Rehabilitation Award)
|Hosting of academic conferences
and research workshops